Tohe Consumer Electronics Show runs from January 5-8 in Las Vegas, and here's what we are hearing about what will be either improved or emerging technologies.
1. Virtual Reality: After being touted as the tech product of the year for 2016, we expect to see a lot of VR vendors this year at CES. Reps from RJM Computers will be there to check out the latest news in the industry so we can add to our own upcoming Virtual Reality product line.
2. Robotics: This area of tech is becoming more mainstream and shoould have a strong presence this year in everything from toys to industrial robots.
3. Vehicle tech: Self-driving technology will have a large presence at CES this year with vendors from Autoliv, Clarion, Delphi, IAV, Navya, NVIDIA, NXP, Renesas Valeo and more.
4. New processors from Intel and AMD: WIth 7th generation Core i5 and i7's already being sold in mobile devices, and the recent Ryzen processor announcement from AMD, we expect these to be big news at CES.
5. Cloud computing: it or not, cloud use is growing exponentially and it one of the biggest emerging markets in decades. We expect a lot of cloud news from companies like Microsoft, Cisco and many others.
6. Ecommerce, Digital Money and CyberSecurity: These will be getting top billing at CES this year with several dozen vendors showing off the latest tech for businesses and consumers.
We'll be live tweeting from CES this coming weekend.
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/rjmpccom
or Facebook at www.facebook.com/rjmcomputersboise/